A general dentist is well versed in performing certain common dental procedures at any time. For example, if you have a dental issue, the dentist would see to fix the issue by applying any of these procedures. Are you thinking of fixing an appointment with a leading general dentist? Well, visit Dentistry On Wellington website and book your appointments. We have explained the common dental procedures and more here in brief.
- Dental crowns: If the teeth have been damaged by injury or decay, dental crowns are utilized. As part of dental restoration, the dentist saves damaged teeth and prevents extraction by setting up crowns. It is also used for correcting cosmetic imperfections. To complete this procedure, the dentist would ask you to come twice. Crowns are usually created in the dental laboratory. Certain general dentists create the crown on their own. This way, they will fix the crown for the patient within a single appointment. Crowns preserve teeth by covering entirely as well as a safeguard from further damage or infection.
- Fillings: It is utilized for treating teeth with decay or cavities. It is also utilized to repair injured teeth with fractures. The dentist would first perform a thorough dental checkup and look for cracks and cavities when the patient complains of a toothache. They visually examine the teeth and in some cases, use x-rays. They would fix the tooth if the teeth require filling. Before filling, they would numb the part and utilize a drill to eliminate the decayed dental tissue settled inside the tooth. Next, they clean with water and seal using a dental filling. The patient will select the kind of filling they prefer with the dentist’s assistance. They will be provided with options like porcelain, silver, gold, or resin fillings. One of the highly performed dental procedures in the world is the dental fillings procedure. It is because mild tooth decay and small cavities are common and experienced by most people.
- Tooth extractions: If a patient has missed to preserve and rectify the decayed tooth, the dentist would suggest to extract it completely. It is mostly removed when the affected tooth pushes behind the gum. They will also eliminate the painful and troublesome wisdom tooth if it is not in good status.
- Braces: Braces are recommended for positioning the teeth in an aesthetically pleasing manner. When it is in the correct form, it will be simple to clean. It is also utilized to rectify bad bites that make it difficult to talk or eat.
- Dental implants: A permanent and best option to replace original teeth is utilizing dental implants. To place dental implants, minor oral surgery is performed in the jawbone of the patient. It takes about a few months and the dentist performs several procedures to fix artificial teeth equal to the original teeth. Dentures and implant-supported crowns function like the original teeth.
There is no need to worry about dental procedures. It is mostly performed in a pain-free manner.