Approximately 4 million Canadians and Americans use Invisalign, a modern orthodontic treatment virtually indistinguishable from traditional braces. Invisalign braces are used to straighten teeth that are crooked or misaligned. It is a clear aligner-based orthodontic treatment that moves your teeth into a more favorable position.
Computer-generated images and impressions of your mouth are used to create the aligners. Invisalign braces are a more recent concept that aims to help people improve their oral health while achieving a more attractive smile. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible to those around you and are made of BPA-free plastic. Tooth Buds Dentistry is a great place to start if interested in Invisalign treatment. For a detailed overview of Invisalign treatment, find the full list here.
What Are Invisalign? Why Is It A Better Option Than Traditional Braces?
For people with crooked teeth, Invisalign is a lifesaver. Invisalign is a brand of clear braces custom-made to move your teeth into the proper position over time. For people who are self-conscious about their teeth and want to avoid traditional braces, Invisalign is a fantastic option.
Treatment with Invisalign is non-invasive and painless, and the computer software is extremely accurate. By providing a comprehensive and precise treatment plan, Invisalign helps people feel more confident. Although Invisalign has some drawbacks, it is still the better option when compared to other orthodontic treatments such as metal braces. Here is a quick rundown of the advantages Invisalign has over traditional braces.
- Invisalign is a great option for sports enthusiasts because it does not interfere with your sporting activities,
- You can take your aligners on vacation and use them as a retainer until you can see a dentist.
- Invisalign will not restrict your food intake, and you can remove them while eating.
- For those who want to straighten their teeth while remaining discreet, Invisalign aligners are the best option.
- For teenagers who require orthodontic treatment, Invisalign is an excellent option. Traditional braces are more invasive and less flexible.
- Traditional braces are worn for two years, whereas Invisalign braces are removable and can be worn for 20 to 22 hours.
- Traditional metal braces are usually more expensive than Invisalign braces.
- Invisalign is a clear braces system that can be customized to fit your needs.
- They’re also simple to put on and take off, making them ideal for patients wary of metal braces.
Treatment With Invisalign: A Brief Introduction
During your first Invisalign appointment, your dentist will assess the fit of your aligners and may try out different molds until you’re happy. Impressions of your teeth are used to create Invisalign aligners. To grip each tooth and move them more effectively, Invisalign uses small composite patches. This is accomplished by removing some enamel from the tooth with discs.
Invisalign braces may cause discomfort during the initial adjustment period, such as aching, but this will pass after a few days. Invisalign aligners, unlike traditional braces, are virtually invisible. Depending on the severity of your case, Invisalign aligners are changed every one to two weeks.
Although Invisalign is a safer alternative to traditional braces, you must exercise caution when chewing and brushing your teeth. During treatment with Invisalign, you can brush and floss your teeth as recommended. Invisalign should be cleaned with a toothbrush and rinsed thoroughly after each meal to avoid food discoloration.
Invisalign isn’t always the best option for every situation, and your dentist may suggest traditional metal braces in some cases. But they often lack the precision and quality of results that Invisalign can provide. Invisalign is a clear alternative to traditional braces that can be used to correct overbites, underbites, crossbites, and gaps, among other issues. Invisalign is a fantastic way to achieve your dental goals and enjoy a lifetime of gorgeous smiles.